Happy Birthday, Phil!
I spent 6 weeks trying to put together a Surprise 40th Birthday party for Phil and the morning of the party, my 5 year old niece, Kate, spilled the beans. She is so cute and just couldn't keep it a secret, but Phil didn't know when or where the party was to happen and swears he would have known anyway because I just couldn't let this one pass without a party!
Jenny's parents offered their home to have the party and they were so good to us. Marilyn and Jenny did their famous ribs and we had a delicious dinner with great food from great friends and cakes/cupcakes to finish it off. Lauren was so excited to make a cake for her dad, and Janae made a fantastic German Chocolate cake (Phil's favorite!)
Even though it may not have been a true surprise, Phil seemed very happy about it and constantly hugged me and said thanks all night. It certainly made all the work worthwhile!
We had a great turnout with family and friends and a true surprise to Phil when the Clarks, our best friends from Boise, rang the doorbell to join the celebration. I was glad I was able to pull that one off and I was so glad they could be here with us. It was a fun night that we enjoyed so much with our friends.
Happy Birthday, Hon! Somehow we really are that old!

3 comments:
How great of you to do this!
I'm sorry we had to miss it-
Oh Janae has her eyes closed again!! The party was a lot of fun! Thanks for inviting us.
Mom, why didn't you put the pic up of dad smiling, when he walked in. that was my favorite! :D
~Lauren
Post a Comment