We then went to our 1st leg of the marathon and went down the hall to another room and had a lesson on our theme this year: the 13th article of faith. It was a darling lesson on the 13 different steps we need to take (along our marathon) through the 13th article of faith.
We then went to another room and had the 2nd leg of the race: endurance. We had a great talk about the importance of enduring and stretching and realizing our potentials and that we have to live like we believe to be able to reach our goals.
Then we went to another room and had leg 3: the aid station, The Savior. I had the opportunity to talk to the girls about how we all need help along our marathons and that's when we need to turn to our Savior.
We then wrapped back around the church to the finish line and the bishop spoke to the girls and wrapped up the evening.
We had water bottles, granola bars, and gogurts for dessert. It was such a great night and the spirit was really strong. I usually hate being in charge of big events like this, but it was so well put together that I was really excited to be a part of it! It was a wonderful experience and I hope it helped strengthen the girls' testimonies.

1 comment:
Looks awesome!! I love your theme.
Post a Comment