Friday, May 14, 2010

My Quilt is Finished!!


I have been working on a quilt for quite some time. It really hasn't taken very long, it's just been hard to find the time to work on it. SO...this morning I finished it! I am so happy to complete this project because I am NOT a seamstress. I have really bad memories of my high school sewing class where my teacher told me to have someone else finish my project and turn it in for a grade, because I have no sewing abilities. Anyway, 20 years later, I am enjoying using a sewing machine, and it doesn't even scare me anymore. Thanks, Wende, for starting me on this project. I look forward to making more quilts, and who knows? Maybe I'll tackle some other sewing projects - but I'm not getting too far ahead of myself. I still know my limitations! But it is a GOOD day to say I completed this quilt!





Sewing the strips together



Working on the white ovals



Just before completion

1 comment:

wende said...

so very cool laur - as soon as i get settled, i'm going to finish that second one that i started. i love how yours turned out - the fabrics are SO you. :) gorgeous! and congratulations!