Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanks, Friends!



Today was such a fun day. It was creative Thursday with the "blogger moms" and we got together and made Christmas gifts for our neighbors. I feel so lucky to be a part of such a fun group of friends. We meet each Thursday and work on different projects that we need to get done. We do lunch and enjoy visiting while we work. It's so great! Today we made wood boards with vinyl lettering. We finished about 250 boards today. It feels so great to get something big like this accomplished. Although I didn't take pictures of the process (I left my camera home on accident), it was quite a huge undertaking and probably pretty funny to see. Kristy and Wende were covered in sawdust from sanding the boards, and Janae, Patsy, and I were frantically wiping the boards and sticking the lettering on. Karrie brought Papa John's pizza for lunch. It was really good! And I brought a Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle because I was feeling festive and in the mood for some holiday baking! It was great to get together!

We went to Janae's cabin a few weeks ago for a girl's retreat and that was a blast, too. We stayed in our pajamas the whole time and worked on some fun banner projects. We watched a few chick flicks and took a beautiful 4 1/2 mile walk. Great food and great girls! I feel so blessed to have these friends!

6 comments:

patsy said...

That was a great, productive day!!

I'm glad you are my friend:)

Kristy said...

I am happy you are part of the group! Thanks for the yummy treat today and for cutting out all the boards.

You do have a life!

Janae said...

This was such a great day! I am so glad we have this done. Thanks for all the cutting and ordering etc. Your the best Lauri:)

wende said...

this was a fun day! it was a huge project but everything turned out so great and we got so much done! i love days like this!

your pumpkin trifle was so fabulous, i think i'll be requesting that one from you again!

Karrie said...

Great post Lauri...and a really fun day...I'm going to order some boards for next year...so you and Wende need to think of another saying for next year.

Thanks for the yummy dessert!

Stacie said...

They turned out really cute!! I am glad you posted a picture! I wondered what you were going to do with them!!

**I am glad you got your blog going! I still had the old one (ccgirl) and I found this link off of Wende's! Love it!! :)