Monday, October 20, 2008

Goodbye, Red Sox!




Phil and I were really sad tonight to watch our Boston Red Sox lose to the Tampa Bay Rays in the ALCS tournament. We are avid Red Sox fans, thanks to Lyn and Randy! We have really enjoyed getting to know the players and cheering on our team over the last few years and look forward to every game we can watch.




We had the opportunity back in March to fly to LA with Lyn and Randy and watch the Dodgers/Red Sox pregame series just before the regular season started. It was so fun to see our team live and watch some fun games in the ambiance of the stadium. We even had our first "Dodger Dog" (which wasn't very good). It was such a fun weekend and I loved seeing "Big Papi", Manny (the traitor), Pedroia, Ellsbury, Youk, and Lowell, to name a few.




Tonight ended the year as we lost 3 to 1 in game 7 of the series. Boston was down 3 games to 1 last week and had an amazing comeback Thursday night to win game 5. Saturday they won game 6 to tie the series and the momentum was in the Red Sox dugout. However, after a 1st inning homer by Dustin Pedroia, the Sox just couldn't get it done. We will sure miss watching them for the next few months and look forward to spring training and next season! Go Sox!




6 comments:

Lyn Homer said...

I am going to cry. I thought they were going to do it! Can't wait for spring training. Next season Lowell will be back and Papi will be 100% and the Sox can't be stopped. Go Sox!

wende said...

i was sad for your sox too, we watched and i didn't have the heart to call you after the game! next year, next year.

Kristy said...

Maybe next year will be their year???

Kristy said...

Okay Lauri....is Lyn your sister??? I know her I am not sure if I went to school with her or worked with her or what but I know her! I am thinking she worked with me at Health Plans...small world!!!

patsy said...

this is totally cool-
You are going to be so glad you blogged this a year from now!

so happy to read you

Karrie said...

I'm not a big baseball fan...strange because I like most other sports....we are just gone too much in the summer to keep up with the teams I guess. Looks like you had a fun trip though.